The SAT is owned by College Board which sets the questions, conducts the test, and sends each examinee the score report.
The Test is meant to assess a student’s readiness for entrance in a college and is not aligned with a high school syllabus.
It gauges how well writing, analyzing and problem-solving skills students have learned in the school and can exploit them for academic excellence in college.
Also, SAT in combination with high school grade point average (GPA) provides a better indicator of a student’s potential.
Now the new SAT has two sections only –Maths and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing.
Each section is scored on a scale of 200-800 in 10 point increments and the total score is on a scale of 400-1600).
Students are no more penalized for guessing wrong answers.
The emphasis is more on knowledge, skills, and understandings that are important for college readiness and success.
Words are given to check whether candidates know their meanings in different contexts and how the choice of a word forms meaning, tone, and impact.
Essay writing is optional and the colleges determine whether they require the Essay for admission.
The essay is scored on a scale of 0-24 in 1-point increments and given at the end of the Test. In the Essay, the students are to exhibit logical and persuasive writing skills through analysis on a given topic.
The total time of the Test is 3 hours and 50 minutes, excluding breaks.
Although SAT is not an exam to be taken frivolously, it is not something that demands a math whiz or a grammar nut; it just requires you to be a critical and a logical thinker.
If you have these attributes, you can crack the Test easily.
In reading, most of the passages on the SAT are at or below the high school level.
The mathematics section only assesses students’ knowledge of algebra and a bit of geometry, and the writing section covers only the most common grammar errors and doesn’t even cover such errors as the use of comma etc.
The Mascot Edge
- 10 Weeks Course.
- 4 Classes Per Week, 1.5 hours a day.
- Weekend Classes for 3 hrs on both days.
- Regular mock Tests for honing skills on both maths and English.
- Classes Scheduled to suit your convenience.
- Expert guidance on fixing grey areas through specifically tailored assignments.
- Special attention to students poor in Quant or grammar.
- Doubt Clearing an integral part of our pedagogical methods.
- Complimentary Text Books with CDs.
- Admission Counseling.
- Short listing of preferred colleges.
- Drafting of write-ups —SoPs, LoRs, Resumes, and Essays etc.