TOEFL iBT (Test of English as Foreign Language, internet Based)
TOEFL iBT is administered by ETS (Educational Testing Services) of the United States. It’s a pre-requisite for admission mainly in American and Canadian Universities and Colleges from non-native speakers. The Test is conducted online in many countries of the world at authorized TOEFL centers.
It measures all the four language skills required for good communication viz. Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing. The Test lasts for around 3.5 hours and is completed in one sitting.
The TOEFL starts with 1hour Reading section having 3 passages of 600-700 words each with 36 -42 questions. It’s followed by Listening which has 2 conversations and 4 lectures. The section runs for the round an hour and has 34 questions.
The third in the sequence is a 20-minute Speaking section which consists of 2 independent and 4 integrated tasks. Integrated tasks mean incorporating ideas of both listening and reading and speaking them as one combined answer.
It is meant to check and prove that a student is able to merge the two and communicate effectively. The fourth section is 50 minutes writing and contains two essays. The first one is an integrated essay involving, listening, reading and then writing.
This again is about relating ideas from listening and reading and expressing them by composing an essay of 150 or more words in 20 minutes.
The second essay is the independent essay on a topic of general nature for which you don’t need any specialist knowledge. It should be of round 300 + words and be finished in 30 minutes.
TOEFL scores are on a scale of 0 to 120 with a 10 points increment and every section’s individual score is reported on a scale of 0 to 30.
The Mascot Edge
- Flexible Class schedules to suit students’ convenience.
- Expert strategies on each section to crack the stumbling blocks.
- Superb guidance on pronunciation and understanding native accent.
- Emphasis on diction for better speaking and Writing abilities.
- Regular Mock Tests to evaluate and improve performance.
- One on one attention and doubt clearing.
- Outstanding faculty members.
- 6 Weeks Coaching.
- 4 Classes a Week.
- Complimentary books with CDs.
- Lots of tests from Kaplan, Princeton, Baron and other publishers.